Monday, October 5, 2009

Not bad for a Monday

I finally feel atleast 95% better healthwise so waking up this morning wasn't a problem.  The rest of the day was even better!
Lets go back though and catch up.

Last night was also the first night of Laura's new job position at the hospital. She was informed that she was chosen for the job she applied for by letter...the day before her first day! The job entails working nights which basically is less work for more money (night differential). Laura basically answers the call lights that the patients light up one by one. Whereas when she worked in the morning she would have 7-15 patients and would have to do soooo much more work including the work the night shift left behind! As long as she can handle the hours, so far it's been pretty good but the changing of hours is definitely difficult. Laura also has a lot more cooperation with her new supervisor vs. her last super, yes the one who talked to her today saying, you are no longer a part of the D unit then abrubtly hung up the phone on her.

This morning was pretty nice, I got to see Laura come home from work right before I had to leave for work. I also woke up with pep in my step so I had time and didn't have to rush.
Work was great, the best Monday that I have had in a long time. Because it was the first Monday that I have worked ever in my "order taking" position.
Here is what made the day, Laura & I went to "The Spare Rib" for dinner in Commack. It was so much better then I ever expected! At first when I heard that the place was in Commack I immediately was like ehh.. but it's a nice part of the town. We went thinking we were going to partake in an October 5th dinner sale where they have prime rib, salad and two sides for $11.00. When we got there though we saw that it was only a lunch deal. No big thing though! this place isn't that expensive. Laura chose prime rib with a baked potato and creamed spinach. I picked the sky high meatloaf which came with mashed potatoes and a salad, for which I chose creamy garlic dressing. Everything was deeeelish, however I have had better mashed potatoes time and time again but they weren't bad. As soon as I saw the waiter bring my entree, I knew instantly why they named it the sky high meatloaf. This thing was high! The first flight was mashed potatoes, the second was meatloaf in a savory gravy. The sides of the meatloaf were wrapped in bacon! YES! then there were delicious sauteed mushrooms and to top it all off? fried onions. I also ordered the house brewed root beer which was so so good. I intentionally didn't eat it all because I wanted to have it for lunch tomorrow! I know, I know it's the curse of poverty and I HATE IT! I'll post the pictures below but I'm tellin you now, they don't do the food justice.

Here is the prime rib and creamed spinach that Laura ordered. This was really really good too, perfect actually.

This my friend is the skyhigh meatloaf, I just ordered the meatloaf cause it's sounded good. I wasn't trying to order something ordinary, I soon found out at that I didn't!



Here are the salads, very fresh and delicious:)



-J

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I love trying new restaurants! I don't think saving some to bring home is the curse of poverty since restaurant portions are usually huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this restaurant? The food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Spare Rib...my kids not so much just because they like less fancy places. We all love the food! Never ordered the meatloaf though, it looks great. They have great fish specials! And their creamed spinach is out of this world! Glad you guys are enjoying yourselves! And their portions are really quite large- I eat a lot and still take some home. It has nothing to do with being impoverished. I hate to waste it if I can help it.

    ReplyDelete