Wednesday, May 23, 2012

This ones gonna leave a mark

           Originally I had planned on keeping this blog updated with what goes on from here on, not to write about my past. However driving to work this morning, I realized that someone made a big impression in my life and so I should write about it.             My brother Pete had invited me to a Joe Bonamassa show. For those of you who are not aware of whom he is, he is a blues/rock musician who not only sings well but plays the guitar like no one that I have seen in my day. He’s worth looking up if you’re not familiar of his work that has been around for a good while now.
            Music is a very, very big part of my life. I sometimes listen to it too much, meaning it can be one of my idols. My favorite is heavy rock but now blues rock comes to a very close second. So when I have music that I enjoy, there is absolutely nothing better. Now don’t get me wrong, I have been listening to blues for a long time but this concert that Pete took me to, gave me a whole new appreciation for the genre. I have even listened to Bonamassa before the show and liked him a lot but I had no idea just how much yet.
In the beginning of this blog, I mentioned that someone made a big impression in my life and I have been talking about Bonamassa ever since, Well, Pete is actually the one who left the impression. Pete was actually the one who introduced music to me at a much younger age, even metal (however, I was scared of metal then).
           Now blues? Is it now that I have experienced some life and now I can truly appreciate the art? Is blues an aquired taste? I originally thought that I’m getting older now and was thinking that I’m falling away from heavy rock/metal but that isnt it either. I just got back from a rock show with my bro-in-law Bobby and that was one hell of a show too so that ain’t it. I just think it’s rare to see someone with so much talent these days. Joe B. was the headliner for the show but he had some incredible guests as well. One guest that I really enjoyed is Beth Hart. Beth Hart’s cd My California is such a great album from front to back, thats a whole nother blog post though.  The show that Joe played was just unbelievable from the very beginning to the end. This was November 5, 2011 and I remember it so vividly even right now on my couch. Have you ever been to such a good show that you wish you could relive it or just experience it again? Well for those of you know Pete; you know he is a hell of a gift giver. Pete got me the DVD set to that very night. Are you freaking kidding me? I can already see myself showing Lila when she’s older or my other kids (God willing) the DVD and I’ll be able to say, hey- I was there! Can you think of any great moments in your life that just leaves a permanent mark?
           In retrospect, I think both my brother and my love for music is from our father. If there was one thing in our bloodline that was passed down, it has to be our appreciation for quality music, to play it, to listen to it, to live it and love it. Really, my whole family is incredibly talented with music that people used to say we were like the Partridge family (only exponentially cooler). The reason why I am thinking of my Dad is because I already find myself sitting in the living room or wherever, rockin’ out to music at an unreasonable volume just like him and I don’t plan on changing. RITA!!!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention PhenomIce86. Yeahhhhh Joe! That was one of my favorite concerts ever. As always, it was fun hanging out with you, thanks for joining me! And I concur with your explanation of the love of music origin. Thanks DJ Frank!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete