Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wow, how time has flown




It’s funny to me how fast time has flown.

The last time I posted on this blog was three days before Lila was born. Two and half years later, a lot has changed; this is where I will try to briefly sum it all up. We moved out of Holbrook to move into a bigger apartment into Selden. We lived there for a year and moved back to Holbrook to an even bigger apartment which is where we currently reside.

            Lila after all of the false claims from her former doctor (I am ecstatic to say former) she is a very healthy & happy little girl. We dropped her old doctor like a bad habit for collective reasons. The Dr. was always saying that she had an ear infection every time she had an appointment which led him to tell us that she needed a drainage tube for her ears so that in the future, they would drain properly instead of collecting like he thought her ears were doing which would lead to all of her infections. He also was certain that she had hydrocephalus so when she was only months old, she had to get an MRI. She went through the procedure like a superstar. Mommy & Daddy on the other hand were practically inside the MRI with her overwhelmed with concern. After anxiously awaiting for the results of the test, we found that she was perfectly normal. I wish the doctor would have listened to us or at least looked at my large nugget (head), couldn’t he see that Lila’s head was purely genetic and that we are both effortlessly healthy?
There was yet another reason why we dropped her old doctor. He wanted her on a special formula because she was allergic to conventional milk which would give her very bad reflux. Ok, so we have to get formula that is available in our local stores right? Wrong. He didn’t want her on formulas such as Enfamil or Similac. Nope, we had to give Lila Neocate which is exponentially more expensive. We’re talking $300 a month in formula. Long story short, we were in South Carolina on vacation and we ran out of her formula at the end of the vacation. We had no choice but to buy her formula over the counter. Laura picked up a Similac Soy formula which is a hypo-allergenic formula and also helps with gas. This formula was an instant winner and we started saving mucho dinero overnight. Moral of the story, her former Dr. sucks.

            Two and a half years later, Laura is well into her job as a registered nurse in the cancer unit at Good Sam. She works nights and somehow manages to stay awake to care for our joyful two-year old when she isn’t in daycare. I finally got back into school, an online University for my four-year degree in business management. I still plan on pursuing my dream; so my major doesn’t really matter, I just need the credits. The whole business aspect is what I do now as a profession but it also serves as a plan b for my career. Plan b? Yeah, you know me.

            A lot of other things have happened like Laura my sister got married to Eric, the birth of my second niece, Leah Elisabeth Feeley. Laura Elisabeth is also very close to having their second child, a baby boy. Jill & Bobby had a boy (their second, Talon). Another awesome fact, Candice and Tim are expecting their fourth child. Boy or girl? TBD. And Mary and Emad had their fourth, Micah. I love my enormous family and wouldn’t want it any other way. One of the main reasons why I keep a blog other than having the ability to remember what goes on is that I don’t often get to see my family as all of our schedules are insane so I can share what goes on in Laura, Lila’s and my life in the interim of when we are apart.

I plan on keeping up on this blog, I know that’s what I and everyone always says but I’m gonna try my bestest. There are big things planned and I wanna have it all on record, things that I know of and things that only God knows.





2 comments:

  1. Dude - I am really glad you are doing this. :) It was awesome to read it, and definitely keep it up. Fer reals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your blog. Keep writing it down. Lila's life is a glory story. God is faithful. So is yours, Jonathan. I love watching God demonstrate His love and faithfulness to His children. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete